THE DAYTON WRIGHT SPS PREAMPLIFIER
DAYTON WRIGHT GROUP LTD.
Revised: JANUARY 10, 1982
A. An Introduction to the
B. Use and RF Problems
D. Technical Information
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS:
Figure 1. The SPS Mk II
2. Front Panel & Controls
6. Circuit Board
7. Frequency Response
Figure 1 The SPS Mk II
Figure 6 The SPS Mk II Circuit Board
WARNING: TO PREVENT POSSIBLE SHOCK HAZARD
THIS SYSTEM SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
PLEASE BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR INVOICE
YOU WILL NEED IT TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY
DAMAGE CAUSED TO THE SPS THROUGH USE OF ANY OF THE INTERNAL TRIMMER SET AT OTHER THAN THE NORMAL POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. IN THIS WE FOLLOW THE PREVIOUS POLICY AS REGARDS TO FIELD MODIFICATIONS. FIELD MODIFICATIONS WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AUTOMATICALLY. THE ADJUSTMENTS DO ALLOW THE SPEAKER TO BE USED WITH SOME OF THE NON-HARD-WIRED FIELD SYSTEMS, WHILE THE WARRANTY IS NOT VOIDED BY RE-SETTING ANY OF THE SWITCHES, MISUSE, OR SYSTEM MALFUNCTION CAUSED BY ANY OF THESE SETTINGS, WHICH CAUSES DAMAGE TO THE SPEAKERS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY.
Exclusion for damage due to a lightening
strike or power surge. Our warranty does not cover anything that is
damaged by any incident like this. As transistors or other components may
fail if subjected to a voltage spike, even after some months have passed,
if we are called on to effect a repair, any such work will be excluded
from any subsiquent warranty repair. It must be understood, in advance,
that should we attempt a courtesy repair, that it is NOT under any warranty
It is our sincere hope that you have many years of trouble free enjoyment
from this Dayton Wright Preamplifier. We are contacted almost weekly
by customers who have purchased preamplifier as far back as 1972, to tell
us how well the units are working and to inquire about updates. We
started to keep a file on preamplifier owners when we started the company,
and although this was not kept current by Leigh Industries, we are attempting
to remedy this. If you have a friend contemplating the purchase of
used preamplifier, we will be happy to give him/her the history if
we have it in our files.
In addition, some owners are willing to pass on such help as they may be able to give to new owners, if you need assistance or wish to offer assistance please contact us.
Please note that this address all communications information is no longer valid ! It is included only for the record as it was once in the DW manual
Address mail to
The Dayton Wright Group Limited
Director of Customer Service
97 Newkirk Road North
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 3G4
Canada. Telephone: (416) 884-8586
The Dayton Wright Group Limited warrants all products sold under the Dayton Wright trade name to be free from defects in workmanship or in parts for a period of 3 years from date of manufacture subject to the following conditions:
1. This is a Limited Warranty under U.S. law.
2. The Warranty may be extended up to one additional year upon the production of the bill of sale by the first owner, but in no case shall it extend beyond 4 years from date of manufacture.
3. The Warranty is not transferable, and extends only to the original purchaser. In the event that a dealer has been using the pramplifier at his home for several months he may be considered to have purchased this preamplifier from his store. If in doubt, have the dealer certify that the speakers are new stock. If you have any doubt that the speakers you have purchased are new, or if you suspect that the dealer may have sold you a used preamplifier as new, contact us at once
4. During the period that the Warranty is in effect, the Dayton Wright Group Limited will be responsible for the cost of labor and parts. If The Dayton Wright Group Ltd. built the preamplifier, we will be responsible for the shipping costs of the return shipment. If Leigh Instruments Ltd. (as Dayton Wright) built the preamplifier, we do not automatically assume the responsibility for even one way shipment. The customer must prepay all shipments sent to us for repair, collect shipments will be refused. On shipments from out of Canada, there is a fair amount of extra work that we must do in order to get the equipment back into Canada if it was made by Leigh Instruments as we were not supplied with their export documents. If therefore you are shipping to us from outside of Canada, be sure that you file the proper Export Documents by including them with your shipment; otherwise you may be charged duty on the Original List Price by your country's Customs. There is nothing that we at The Dayton Wright Group Limited can to stop this and therefore we do not accept responsibility for Duty or Brokerage Charges on re-importation of repaired goods into your country. U.S. owners should make out and include the U.S.Customs Form "CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION" (Customs Form 4455) with shipments out of the U.S.A.
PLEASE INSURE ALL SHIPMENTS!
5. We reserve the option to examine all 'warranty returns' to determine whether the equipment was abused or misused. If we find that was the case, we will notify the customer before proceeding with any non-warranty repairs.
6. We reserve the option to replace defective units with the equivalent equipment.
7. In no case does our liability exceed the original wholesal price of the equipment.
8. Prior to returning any Equipment, a 'RETURN AUTHORIZATION' must be obtained. This can be done by telephone. We will require the following information:
Name, Address, Phone number, serial and model numbers, date of purchase, Name and Address of Dealer, and the nature of the complaint. To prevent abuse of this Warranty, we reserve the right to charge the customer for service if the equipment is found to have no Defect.
9. A photocopy of the original Bill Of Sale or Invoice MUST accompany all returns. Please enclose this together with as much information that you can on the nature of the malfunction, and be sure that the RETURN AUTHORIZATION number is marked on all packages.
10. Your warranty does not protect you for damage in shipment or for theft. All units shall be well and properly packed nor shipment. We will not be responsible for shipping damage nor for the collection of any claims for shipping damage. We suggest that you use the original shipping cartons which were designed to protect against shipping damage. If these were discarded, we can supply replacements, but we regret that we will have to charge you for them and will have to ship them to you collect. Again, we cannot be responsible for units that were lost or stolen so be sure that you have made proper insurance arrangements prior to shipping.
11. The preamplifier shall not have been abused or the warranty will be voided. The Dayton Wright Group Limited shall be the sole judge of whether a unit is question has been abused. Abuse includes, but is not limited to: subjecting the units to unreasonable operating or environmental conditions, dropping or other inappropriate physical treatment, overdriving of the units, continued operation with the Bias mis-adjusted, continued operation while defective, or while connected to defective equipment, or to equipment operated in a defective manner. Further, the Warranty shall be voided if the unit has been repaired or altered in any way so as, in our judgement, to affect its reliability, stability, or performance characteristics.
12. No Warranty shall apply to units where the serial number has been removed, altered, defaced, or where the serial number plate has been damaged, or where there is evidence that the serial number plate has been removed and replaced. At our option, the Warranty may be voided on units where the seal has been cut, removed, or replaced.
13. The Dayton Wright Group Limited shall not be responsible for damages, consequential or incidental.
14. This Warranty is in lieu of all others, expressed or implied, and The Dayton Wright Group Limited does not authorize any of its employees, agents, distributors, or any other persons to make amendments, additions, extensions, or modifications to the content or intent of same.
15. SUBJECT TO LOCAL LEGISLATION YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND PROTECTION UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
This Warranty applies only to Dayton Wright products sold in North America
(i.e. Canada, the 48 Contiguous United States of America, Alaska, Hawaii,
and U.S. Possessions and Territories). Units sold outside of these
Geographical limits are warranted by the distributor who imported same, or are covered under a Dayton Wright Group Limited Warranty with modified terms.
Units affected by this clause should be accompanied by a separate Warranty
© 1980, 1998 Wright Electroacoustics
The SPS Preamplifier
to Home Page